Orthodontics (Orthodontics) is the correction of teeth, the removal of wrong teeth and deformities. Orthodontics mainly study the etiology and mechanism of malocclusion, diagnosis and analysis and its prevention and treatment. Orthodontics can achieve the effect of beautiful teeth.
The English name of Orthodontics is derived from the combination of three Greek roots, which mean "teeth", "correction", "discipline", which is what everyone calls "correcting teeth"
Orthodontic treatment mainly through various corrective device to adjust the facial bones, teeth and facial nerve and muscle coordination between, also is the adjustment between the upper and lower jaws, between upper and lower teeth, teeth and jaws and contact their abnormal relationship between nerves and muscles, its ultimate goal is to achieve the balance of mouth jaw system, diseases of stability and beautiful. The orthodontic treatment of malocclusion mainly depends on wearing orthodontic devices inside or outside the mouth to exert appropriate "biological forces" on the teeth, alveolar bone and jaw bone to produce physiological movement, so as to correct the malocclusion deformity.
1. Before orthodontic treatment, a plaster model should be made first so that doctors can measure and analyze the treatment plan, and at the same time, it should be kept as a reference for the treatment effect.
2. Head and face X-ray should be taken, and the orthodontic specialist will measure and evaluate the bone development state in detail, find out the problems existing in the bone morphology, make professional suggestions, and comprehensively determine the orthodontic treatment plan.
3. Put braces on your teeth. According to the patient's situation, choose a variety of different appliance.
4, usually every four weeks or so for a second visit.
5. After the correction is completed, the retainer should be worn for a period of time to consolidate the treatment effect and prevent recurrence
1. Crowded teeth patients: the performance of the teeth in and out, not beautiful, not easy to clean, easy to suffer from dental caries, easy to form dental stones, leading to periodontal disease.
2. Anterior teeth (occlusion), also known as "the earth covers the sky", is shown as the lower front teeth bite on the outside of the front teeth, some people only the teeth against the jaw; Some people not only tooth reverse jaw, facial skeleton also deformity, called bony reverse jaw, performance is insufficient development of maxilla (shrink), excessive development of mandible (forward), cause depression in the middle of the face, side appearance is crescent, affect beautiful and function.
3. Interdental patients, manifested as too many gaps between the teeth.
4. Deep coverage: also known as "violent teeth", some only showed as anterior protrusion or lower anterior teeth inverted; Some have skeletal deformities. In some of these individuals, the front teeth and upper gums protrude excessively forward, while the chin is retracted behind the upper lip, or there is no chin shape at all.
5. Bimaxillary protrusion, or upper and lower anterior teeth protrusion, resulting in lip protrusion, lip force can be closed, open lip teeth exposed patients.
6. Occlusion of posterior teeth (occlusion) and locking (occlusion): affect masticatory function, and may lead to deviant deformity of upper and lower jaw in the long term.
7. Deep overbite (occlusion)(too deep occlusion of front teeth): the presentation is that the lower front teeth cannot be seen during occlusion; Some people are also accompanied by skeletal deformities, manifested as a short lower face. This deformity is more likely to bite the upper gums and lead to periodontitis in the front teeth and facial joint disease.
Dental ortho wax, also called braces wax or dental wax, serves as a kind of clear wax made of non-toxic and natural substances, for example, carnauba wax, beeswax or paraffin wax, etc. Orthodontic wax aims at relieving patients' pain that is caused by rubbing of the brace appliances. It is used for creating a barrier between the brace wires and the patients' mouth. Therefore the contact break of the braces to your mouth can effetively prevent the patients' further injury after the treatments. Generally speaking, ortho dental wax can be kept in the patients' mouth for only 1 to 2 days.
Flossing needs more time and patience if you wear braces. It is really important to floss teeth every day because bacteria and food particles are easily trapped in your mouth. It only needs three steps for you to floss everyday with braces. Step 1, pull the dental floss for implants through the wire gently. Step 2, hold the dental floss products threader in one hand and wrap the orthodontic dental floss around your index fingers in order to give you more control over the thin thread. Step 3, press the floss between the two teeth gently, and slide it up and down along the sides of both teeth.