1. According to the connection mode with the connecting pipe, dental handpieces can be divided into those with quick-change joints and without quick-change joints
2. According to the type of connecting and connecting pipes, dental handpieces can be divided into two-hole dental handpieces (drive air and water); three-hole dental handpieces (drive gas, water, and atomizing gas), four-hole dental handpieces (atomized air and return air) and optical fibersix-hole dental handpieces (drive air, water, atomized air, return air and two electrode columns).
3. According to the exhaust way of dental handpieces, dental handpieces can be divided into internal exhaust (four holes and six holes) and external exhaust (two holes) dental handpieces.
4. According to the diameter of the head of dental handpieces, dental handpieces can be divided into large dental handpieces (The head diameter is φ12.2), medium dental handpieces (The head diameter is φ11.2), and small dental handpieces (The head diameter is φ10.2). Due to the different size of the head, the strength and use of the dental handpiece vary slightly.
5. According to the disassembling and assembling method of dental bur, dental handpieces can be divided into gland type and wrench type.
1. According to the way of water outlet, dental handpieces are divided into outer channel and inner channel.
2. According to the way of light, dental handpieces are divided into those without light and with LED light. LED luminescence is also divided into wind power luminescence or external generator luminescence
3. According to the materials, dental handpieces are divided into stainless steel and titanium alloy dental handpieces.
4. According to the rotational speed, dental handpieces are divided into constant speed, deceleration and increase speed dental handpieces. According to the uses, the bending machines of dental handpieces are divided into root canal treatment, planting treatment, polishing, and some special bending machines.
1. Can ultrasonic cleaning machine be used for cleaning dental handpiece?
The dental handpiece cannot be cleaned by ultrasonic, because the rotating part (bearing) of The dental handpiece needs to be adjusted for dynamic balance when leaving the factory. High-frequency ultrasonic oscillation will destroy the balance and cause damage to the dental handpiece.
2. Can the dental handpiece be soaked for cleaning?
It is not recommended to soak the dental handpiece, because the water can rust and damage the precision parts.
3. According to many dental handpiece instructions, the dental handpiece can be sterilized after wiping the surface and filling with oil. Is this feasible?
Certainly not. The dental handpiece is an oral instrument, and there is a phenomenon of "suction" in the process of use, so it needs a special automatic hot cleaning and disinfection machine to wash and disinfected the internal and external cavities and handle the corresponding procedures.
4. Does the oiling for the dental handpiece mainly protect the internal cavity?
No. The oiling for the dental handpiece is mainly to maintain the bearing at the front end of the dental handpiece. Remember that the dental handpiece must be dried before oiling, because the oil can not be filled if there is water.
5. After cleaning the dental handpiece, do you need to dry it again?
Remember that the existing dental Handpiece automatic cleaning machine on the market almost does not have the function of drying the internal tube cavity, so we must read the instructions of the cleaning machine. After cleaning, we must use high-pressure air gun for drying, otherwise the quality of oiling and further sterilization cannot be guaranteed.
6. Can dental implant handpiece and common dental handpiece be cleaned in the same way?
The dental implant handpiece is more difficult to clean because it has to change speed and contains two bearings inside. It is ideal to combine manual cleaning and automatic cleaning machine cleaning.
7. Can the dental handpiece be sterilized with all small pressure steam sterilizers?
Pressure steam sterilization is preferred in the cleaning of the dental handpiece. Only the type B pans can be used for sterilization of the dental handpiece of in small pressure steam sterilization, because there is an internal cavity in the dental handpiece.